Huiji Mock Mutton Stew
Created Date: 18 May
by Chef Lisa Leong
- Flavoured Soya mutton - 450g
- Dried beancurd sticks (cut into 8cm per piece) - 30g
- Dried mushrooms (soaked to soften) - 8 pcs
- Huiji Waist Tonic - 80-100g
- Rock sugar granules - 1 tbsp
- Sugar (for caramel use) - 2 tbsp
- Hot mushroom broth - 1 ½ litres
- Fresh golden or enoki mushrooms (add last) - 25g
- Yong Sim root - 20
- Red dates (without seeds) - 8 pcs
- Goji berries - 10g
- Star anise - 1
- Crushed peppercorns - 1 tbsp
- Garnish with Chinese parsley
- Marinate soya mutton pieces with 2 tbsp of Huiji Waist Tonic for about 5 minutes. Wash and clean Chinese herbs thoroughly with hot water.
- Pre-heat stockpot, put in sugar and peppercorn. Allow it to caramelized and then add in hot mushroom broth.
- Add all the herbs and simmer for 30 minutes. Add (seasoned) soya mutton and dried mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes. Add golden mushrooms and cook for five to six minutes.
- Dish out into a heated clay pot, garnish with Chinese parsley and serve immediately with rice.